I came across this post by Leon Jacobs called Life? I’m living it. and I just had to re-post when I found myself agreeing with most of what he had written.
- Don’t ever stick anything in your ears. Especially cotton-tipped ear buds. They appear to be soft which will make you careless and cause irreparable damage. Your ears are wonderful self-cleaning devices. If you really want to get rid of excess wax use a syringe and tepid water.
- Don’t ever hold back on a sneeze. I knew a guy who did this once and he caused a reversal of pressure that went back up into his skull cavity. It popped a blood vessel in his eye that caused permanent blindness in that eye. Let it go. Bless you.
- Sugar is more addictive than crack. And it is killing us. Slowly. But surely.
- Treat others like you would like to be treated. This is the most basic teaching of all religion and philosophy and yet it is the hardest thing in the world for us to get right. If we all did this the planet would be transformed. We really should have a meeting about this.
- Context is everything. Consider the jetliner. Moving around on the ground it is slow, difficult to manoeuvre and can’t even reverse by itself. Yet once it is in the air it cuts the sky at close to the speed of sound.