Recently, while browsing Amazon for free books to add to my Kindle, I came across a couple of book titles by SJ McCoy that perfectly titled some of my philosophies in life. See the list below and the reasons why I believe you should make them your life philosophies as well.
- Love like you have never been hurt. Getting hurt stinks royally, that much I can attest to 100%. What stinks even more is when your inability to forgive the person who hurt you prevents you from getting and giving the love you deserve. Don’t let someone who callously hurt you in the past have a hold in your future because you can’t forgive him/her. The best revenge is to forgive, accept the lessons learnt then go ahead and find someone and love like you have never been hurt!
- Dance like nobody’s watching. I’m sure we have all watched that movie or seen a video where there is just that one guy/girl who is insecure about being themselves but then gets drunk and let loose (Katy Perry’s Last Friday night comes to mind). Don’t need a “MUST GET DRUNK” policy to loosen up. Learn to have fun. Be silly, be you. There is only one you and there certainly will never be another like you so be who you are and not who you think people want you to be.
- Sing like nobody’s listening. This one is linked to #2. Many of us are known to give concerts and encores in the shower even when we can’t sing. I’ve sang the lead, backup and the accompanying choir on many occasions. This my family finds positively hilarious! However, in this case, it’s not the singing that matters but the energy, attitude and confidence that is given to the task. Whatever you do, let it come from the heart. Don’t hold back because you fear what others will say or think. Give whatever you do the same energy, attitude, confidence and heart that you give to your one-of-a-kind performances in the shower.
- Laugh like you have never cried. Smile and laugh a lot. For every time you have cried, find 5 things that have made you smile or laugh. Find people who make you smile or laugh and keep them. Learn to make yourself laugh. Even when you don’t feel like it, put on a smile. Eventually that forced smile will become real. Laughter is the best medicine! This is a fact! Don’t dwell on the negatives! Although some things can really suck at times, find the silver lining in that cloud and focus on it.
- Fly like you have never been grounded. DON’T EVER GIVE UP! For this one, I just leave a quote by Winston Churchill, “Success is not final and failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.” It is a given that you will fail at times but don’t let failure prevent you from achieving your dreams. You have never failed. You have just found a thousand ways that do not work! Each time you fall, chalk it up to experience, get back up and go again.