A few nights ago, unable to sleep, I found my thoughts wandering. These wanderings took me down memory lane….
I was in my first year of high school when we were given a group assignment to present on various themes in the book, Silver Sword. As a natural leader who hates inactivity, I ended up planning a production. We were going to do a talk show with the book characters. After all the planning, I realised, much to my dismay, that I had planned out myself! I had totally forgotten to give myself a part!
Now note, if you did not present, you did not get a grade. I returned to the drawing board. We couldn’t change the production at that late stage but there must be some element that I had missed. During lunch (whilst eating one of my favorite cheesy snacks), an hour before the presentation, an idea took root. In the middle of the presentation, we had an intermission and I delivered one of the best impromptu Zoomers ads ever seen by man! 😂😂😂 (or so I like to believe…)
We got the highest grade for that assignment!
This memory reminded me of a couple lessons, I had learnt early in life.
- In moments of crisis or pressure, your levels of ingenuity will surprise you.
- In life there will always be Zoomers opportunities, you just have to be willing to open yourself to the possibilities.
- When faced with challenges, embrace your “I CAN” and “There must be a way.” attitude.
- Your belief in yourself and capabilities will take you a far way.
- Never plan out myself.
- Self-doubt gets you nowhere!
What are your thoughts? Have you ever experienced a situation which required you think on your feet? How did it turn out? Let me know in the comments below.